We want your remodeling projects to go as smoothly as possible so by using the 10 steps below as a guide during your design and building process we can ensure the best results. Depending on your local municipality, when it comes to minor renovations such as bathroom, kitchen remodels and basement finishing may not require sealed architectural drawings. Therefore, steps 6 and 7 may not apply but note that with additions and major structural renovations architectural drawings and/or a site plan is required.
- INITIAL CONSULTATION: At the initial consultation we will discuss the scope of your project, budget, and the feasibility. Begin to think about how much you can afford to spend and how much building or remodeling is likely to cost. If necessary, begin to arrange financing for your construction loan.
- THE TEAM: Choose the team of experts to design your renovation
- Design your renovation with our designers and engineer
- Design a renovation with the architect and engineer of your choosing
- SKETCH PLAN DESIGN: Sketch plan design is done in two steps
- Field Survey: The designer measures the existing space to be renovated or the entire house depending on the scope of the renovation
- Sketch Plan Design: The designer will create a sketch of the proposed renovation for your review, discussion, and/or revisions
- SPECIFICATIONS: With the sketch plan design phase complete the specifications are created based on your budget, wants, needs, and desires.
- COST, CONTRACT AND FINANCING: After both the sketch design and specifications are complete we will determined the cost and then enter into a building contract. If necessary, you will apply for financing with one of our recommended lenders or the lender of your choosing.
- CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS and SITE PLAN: Now that the sketch plan is finalized and the cost of the project is determined the construction drawings and site plan can be confirmed and prepare for the building permit.
- PERMITTING: Once the grading permit plan and building permit is submitted, allow 30 to 60 days for permitting. We will begin construction as soon as the permits and your financing are approved.
- CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE: With the permits approved and your financing in place our Project Manager will develop the construction schedule, which list the dates for the all the tasks for construction and selections.
- SELECTIONS AND CHANGE ORDERS:
- Selections: Your choices for selections are required in chronological order according to the due dates in the construction schedule. We will provide you with a vendor contact list which list all of the showrooms and sales persons you will meet with to make selections. Our Selections Coordinator will also assist you at these appointments. Some selections will be done at the site with the Project Manager.
- Walk-thrus: Certain selections will require you to walk-thru the house with the Project Manager and vendor as listed on construction schedule
- Change Orders: You may request changes in the work. Refer to the building contract regarding the policies for change orders and allowance overruns/credits.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Orientation Inspection – Pre-Completion Inspection #1
Prior to completion, you and our Project Manager will meet at your new home for an orientation and inspection 5 to 10 business days prior to completion. The purpose of this meeting is to familiarize you with the features of your new renovation, how the systems and equipment work, how to properly maintain the various fine finishes and identify any cosmetic defects that need to be corrected prior to completion.
Correction of Orientation Inspection Punch list – Pre-Completion Inspection #2
We will make every effort to correct all items on the orientation punch list prior to your move in. Sometimes subcontractors need to be scheduled or back-ordered materials need to be delivered, in which case you should expect completion within 30 business days unless access to your home is difficult to schedule. A follow-up of the first inspection will be scheduled the day before or the day of completion
As you settle into your new home, you may discover items that may require customer service. We like to minimize the number of visits our workers make into your home once occupied so we ask that you keep a cumulative list of attention items. This way we can send a person to your home and correct everything at once.
1 -year Service
On both 30-day and 1-year service requests, we normally will be able to make all service requests within 15 business days.